Flat-felled seams are extremely durable and popular like the typical jeans seams. They are especially decorative when sewn with contrasting thread! The Felling Foot is available in two different widths, 4.5 mm and 6.5 mm, to sew either lightweight blouse and shirt fabrics or heavier
denim and sportswear fabrics.
1. Snap on the Felling Foot.
2. Place the wrong sides of the fabrics together.
3. Overlap the raw edge of the lower fabric by about 10 - 15 mm (3/8 inch to 5/8 inch). (ill. A, B, C)
4. Place this overlapping edge over the tongue of the Felling Foot. The fabric must be placed completely under the presser foot.
5. Sew along the folded edge with a straight stitch. (ill. D)
6. Separate the fabric and feed the extending hem into the Felling Foot.
7. The hem is turned by the foot and is stitched along the edge. Pull the two fabric layers taut during sewing.
820788-096 4.5 mm
820789-096 6.5 mm