Party Shoes - Sewing Project
Decorate your party shoes using beautiful decorative Maxi stitches with your PFAFF® sewing machine.
- PFAFF® sewing machine
- Silver shoes with T-strap
- 8” silk dupioni, grey
- 3/4 yard (0.7m) Silver ribbon, 1” (2.5cm) wide
- PFAFF® Universal needle, size 80
- Robison-Anton 40wt embroidery thread – dark grey
- Sewing thread silver grey
- Strips of Paper back fusible web
- Bobbin thread
- Magic marker
- Glue gun
From the grey silk:
- Two pieces 4” wide x ¾ yard long
Cut the silver ribbon in half.
Press the silk strips so that the edges meet at the center of the silk, finished size2” (5cm)
Use a magic marker and draw a line on the center of the silver ribbon
Thread your machine with Robison Anton embroidery thread.
Sew a decorative stitch on the length of the silver ribbon. We used a maxi stitch. Use the center line and the edges of the ribbon for guidance to get the stitch straight.
- Press the strips of fusible web on the back of the decorated ribbons, remove the paper.
- Place the ribbons on the center of the grey dupioni strips, covering the raw edges, and press.
- Thread your PFAFF® sewing machine with sewing thread on top and in the bobbin.
- Sew a straight stitch at both sides of the silver ribbon. Press
- Fold the ribbon in pleats of 2” (5cm) with a 1 ½ “(4cm) distance. We created 4 pleats but that depends on the shoe. Sew the pleats in place.
- Glue the pleated ribbon onto the T-strap with the glue gun.
Time for a glamorous night on the town!