Magical Holiday Stars Sewing Project
Create a star in wool fabric and decorate with silver threads, it will be a shimmering Holiday decoration in your window or on your wall.
- PFAFF® ambition ™ sewing machine
- Heavy boiled wool 0.35m
- Sequin fabric 0.2m
- Robison-Anton 40wt embroidery thread –light grey
- Deco Fuse stabilizer
- Silver ribbon ¼ ” (0.6cm) wide, 0.5m/star
From the wool:
- One large star (cookie cutters make a great pattern) or a clip art starOne square slightly larger than your pattern
From the sequin fabric:
- One small star (cookie cutters make a great pattern) or a clip art starOne square slightly larger than your pattern
From the stabilizer:
- One large star slightly smaller than your pattern
- Press the stabilizer on the wrong side of the wool, make sure it is slightly smaller than the wool star.
- Thread your machine with Robison Anton embroidery thread both in top and bobbin.
- Place the sequin star on the right side of the wool star. Place the sequin square on the wool square and place them underneath with the right sides facing down.
- Sew a reinforced straight stitch around the edges of both the sequin and the woolstar. Cut away the excess fabric from the squares. Sew a decorative stitcharound the edges, we used a star shaped stitch, see picture.
Attach the ribbon on the top of the star with a straight stitch.
Hang it in your window. Enjoy!