Gift to Sew Project – Embellished Book Marks
Create a personalized bookmark for the devoted bookworm.
PFAFF Gift to Sew Project – Embellished Bookmarks
Personalised Bookmark Gift to Sew - create an individual bookmark for the devoted bookworm. The beautiful ribbon stitches are one of the exclusive stitch techniques for PFAFF® available on creative™ 4.5 and creative sensation™ pro but you can create these bookmarks with any decorative stitch of your choice.
You can also try the creative bobbin case accessory to make an embellishment that really stand out!
To sew Embellished Bookmarks you will need:
- PFAFF® creative™ 4.5 or creative sensation™ pro
- Ribbon approx. 1¼” (30 mm) wide or leather strips. (Measure around the book you want it to fit)
- Ribbon for ribbon stitch, 1/8 ” (3mm) wide (3 times as long as the wider ribbon)
- Decorative thread, 40wt rayon
- Elastic cord 100mm (4”)
- Sew-on Button Foot (Item no. 820473096)
- INSPIRA® Stabilizer, Tear-a-Way or Water soluble
Bookmark with creative™ Bobbin Case
• Ribbon approx. 1¼” (30 mm) wide or leather strips. (Measure around the book you want it to fit)
• Heavy decorative threads such as pearl crown rayon
• Decorative thread, 40wt rayon
• Elastic cord 100mm (4”)
• creative™ Bobbin Case (item no 820808096 or 820602096 depending on your machine)
• Sew-on Button Foot (item no.820473096)
• INSPIRA® Stabilizer, Tear-a-Way or Water soluble
Sew the decorative stitch in the center of the ribbon/leather. (If sewing with the creative™ Bobbin Case, follow the instructions included with the accessory.)
Overcast the short edges of the ribbon. Fold under approximately ⅝" (15mm) on one short edge and stitch ¼" (6mm) from the fold to form a casing.
Pull the elastic cord through and make a knot. Pull the knot into the casing.
Fold the short edge on the other side to fit the book. Fold the edge to the back side and add a button on the right side with the Sew on button foot.
You might also like:
- Sewing Stars Foot for IDT™ System
- creative™ Bobbin Case