Easter sewing project for beginners – Easter Bunny Bags
Create a quick and easy gift for the Easter candy.
PFAFF Easter sewing project for beginners – Easter Bunny Bags
Here’s a perfect Easter sewing project for beginners. Cute zero-waste Easter Bunny Bags to gift to family and friends.
To sew Easter Bunny Bags you will need:
- PFAFF Sewing machine
- Scrap pieces of fabric, see templates for size
- Ribbon, 2 x 12” (30cm) ¼” (6mm) widefor each bunny,
- Safety pin
- Erasable pen
- Pinking shears
- Sewing thread
PFAFF Easter Bunny Bags Sewing Project Instructions:
- Print and cut out the templates.
- Lay the fabric pieces right sides together and and trace around the pattern pieces with an erasable pen.
- You will need one bag piece and two ears for each bunny.
- Sew the bag pieces right sides together with a straight stitch along the markings, leaving a hole for the drawstring according to the markings.
- Sew the ears right sides together.
- Trim all the seam allowances with pinking shears.
- Turn the ears right sides out and press. Press the seam allowance of the bag open where the hole for the drawstring is.
- Fold and press the top seam allowance back ¼” and then ½”.
- Place the ears under the pressed fold approximately ¼” from the side seams and sew around the edge, close to the fold.
- Fold the ears up and press the bag.
- Use the safety pin and pull one ribbon through the channel from each side to get a drawstring.
- Fill it with candy and you have a really cute and easy Easter gift!